BITSAT Previous Year Question Paper with Solutions(2014 to 2018)
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT) is one of the most prestigious and renowned aptitude entrance tests for top private colleges for engineering in India. BITSAT is a very sought after trial apart from IIT-JEE in India for pursuing engineering. This article mainly focuses on BITSAT’s previous year question paper and its brief analysis. Every year around the third week of May, BITSAT is conducted by BITS Pilani. It has three campuses, namely, BITS Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. Held only once every year, this exam has a high difficulty level where students are given 3 hours to attempt various sections. To crack this exam, one has to refer to the BITSAT’s past year question papers. One can always refer to the BITSAT previous year paper pdf online.
BITSAT Past Year Question Papers
- BITSAT 2018 Question Paper with Solutions
- BITSAT 2017 Question Paper with Solutions
- BITSAT 2016 Question Paper with Solutions
- BITSAT 2015 Question Paper with Solutions
- BITSAT 2014 Question Paper with Solutions
BITSAT Paper Pattern
|Section||Subjects||No. of questions|
|Part 3||English Proficiency||15|
|Part 4||Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part 5||Mathematics/ Biology (B. Pharma)||45|
The paper is broken into five sections with moderate to hard difficulty levels. BITSAT focuses on speed and accuracy instead of concept-based questions. BITSAT’s previous year papers were also seen with almost the same pattern, though the frequency of issues from particular chapters has kept on changing.
Key Points about the Paper Pattern
- BITSAT has five sections that account for a total of 150 marks.
- BITSAT is an online exam.
- One can spend as much time as he wants in a particular section. There is no time limit to attend a specific part.
- BITSAT paper comes with a negative marking scheme. For every correct attempt, students are awarded +3 marks. On the other hand, for every wrong effort, -1 is deducted.
- These are no negative marking for I attempted questions. No marks are allowed to those questions.
- All questions will be objective type, i.e., MCQ. No theoretical problems have been included.
- The question paper is not the same for all as the questions are randomly picked for every article, out of an enormous question bank.
- If a candidate can attempt all 150 questions within the given span of 3 hours, he is awarded a chance to solve a set of extra 12 subjects ( 4 questions each from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics). This set increases the chance of getting a higher percentile.
- One can refer to the official site www.bitsatadmission.com for BITSAT previous year paper pdfs.
- BITSAT is conducted into two slots.
BITSAT Paper Analysis
Surprisingly this year, the paper was concise and smart. For a more than average student, the article could have been finished within just 2 hours and 30 mins as what is being said my most of the students. The in-depth analysis is done below section-wise.
Below is a brief analysis of the BITSAT previous year question paper.
To everyone’s surprise, the mathematics section was utterly moderate. It was effortless for the students to score full marks in this section as the toughness level in this was low. A significant chunk of questions ranged between easy to moderate, and only a few 5-6 questions were tough. All the items were overall formula based, hence a student who only knew the methods and how to apply it could have also scored very well in this particular section. Apart from that, when compared to the BITSAT’s past year papers, the 2019 BITSAT question paper in this regard, was reasonably easy.
The 2019 BITSAT question paper, when compared to the BITSAT’s previous year question papers, was elementary. And Chemistry had a big hand in making it so. In all the BITSAT’s past year question papers, it is not every time seen that the questions are direct and factual in Chemistry. As compared to BITSAT’s past year papers, most of the items were accurate and didn’t require much effort to be put on. Physical Chemistry held a tiny chunk in the entire section, and on the other hand, Organic Chemistry had the most significant portion. Overall the article was secure and could be attempted in minutes. Also, the additional questions were comfortable as well from the Chemistry section.
Unlike the previous year, the physics section was moderate. There were mainly theory questions that have been asked, which were more situation-based and required student’s presence of mind. BiTSAT’s previous year question papers with solutions could be enough to get familiar with the kind of questions that have been asked. A student who would just have had a fair idea of the concept and theory, he could have scored well in this section. Physics section every year is very tough in this paper, and hence since this year, the article was elementary in this regard, students should have given their best to bag the highest marks. The questions that needed hefty calculations were very less say around 7-8, and rest were reasonably moderate for the students to crack.
English proficiency and Logical Reasoning-
This section was the most accessible section of all in the paper. Logical reasoning had the mainstream LR questions and was fairly easy to do. On the other hand, English was also a cakewalk for students who have paid a little attention to this subject in Xl-Xll classes. Though logical reasoning had some tricky questions as well but was comparatively easy from other mainstream aptitude tests like CAT.
Overall, the paper was extremely easy for all the candidates. Even the average students could have done really well in this paper. The entire paper was more or less straight forward and revolved around the theoretical knowledge. One can easily do a comparison of the easiness of this year’s paper by comparing it to the BITSAT’s previous year papers with solutions. Although the other was a cakewalk for smart candidates, it should not be taken lightly as some of the questions were apparently really tricky and confusing. Underestimating the level of this paper would have cost brilliant students a fortune.