JEE Advanced 2020 – Important Dates, Application form, Eligibility and Syllabus
IIT JEE Advanced is the final stage of the jee exam. The students can get admission to various IIT’S across the country based on their jee advanced rank. It is a very tough exam and only 11000 students get admission in IIT out of 2.20 lakh students appearing for the exam.
The exam is conducted each year by various IIT’S under the Joint admisson board (JAB). The paper is only conducted in the online mode and their us no provision for paper pen test. The paper pattern and types of questions changes every year according to the paper setting body.
The students who successfully qualify the JEE main exam are only eligible for appearing the jee advanced exam. The registration process is conducted separately for the advance exam on the jee website itself after the release of the mains exam results. The course is also almost similar in both the exams but the level of questions is high the advance exam.
JEE Advanced Important Dates (Tentative)
|Exam Advertisement||2 May, 2020|
|Application commencement||2 May, 2020|
|Admit Card Release||14 May, 2020|
|Examination Date (Confirmed)||17 May, 2020|
|Results||13 June, 2020|
JEE Advanced 2020 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Advanced is the second stage of the iit jee entrance exam. It has certain eligibility criteria which are similar to the jee mains exam. But there are certain points on which the eligibility criteria for iit jee advanced 2020 is different from the jee main exam. The student should satisfy the eligibility criteria to be eligible for the exam. The student should check the below given points to know about the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination.
- Age Limit- For general and OBC students should be born on or after 1st October,1995 to be eligible for the exam. There is a relaxation of 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST/PwD category students.
- Number of attempts- A student can appear for JEE Advanced only for two consecutive years. That means if a student has appeared for class 12th in 2018 he can appear for jee main in the year 2018 and 2019 only.
- Qualifying Exam- Students must have passed class 12th or any equivalent qualifying exam from a government recognised board. The students who are studying currently in class 12th can also appear for the iit jee advanced 2020.
- JEE main- The student must have obtained the qualifying marks in the iit jee main paper else he can not register for the jee Advance exam. Every year around 2.20 lakh students get qualified for the advance exam.
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Procedure
Examination registration for the IIT JEE advanced exam starts in the first week of May. The application form can only be filled in the online form. There is no facility for filling the application form in offline mode. Candidates have to fill various details like the personal and academic information. Required documents should also be uploaded on the jee advanced website. The payment of fees can be done in both the offline and online modes.
- Registration- The student must use his jee main roll number and password to login to the given portal. The student has to fill the required details step by step as required on the website.
- Uploading Documents- The student should upload the required documents in the form of scanned soft copy of the specifications specified on the website. The documents required to be uploaded are 10th marksheet, 12th marksheet and caste certificate if students belongs to any of the reserved categories.
- Fee Payment- The registration fee can be paid by the student in online as well as offline mode. In online mode the student can fill the fees with Debit card/credit card/net banking. And for the offline mode the student have to submit the fees to the nearest sbi branch with an e-challan. The fees is different for different categories.
- Submission of application form- After successful completion of the above mentioned process the students can submit the application form. And after that a confirmation page can be downloaded from the website for future reference.
|General and OBC||Male||₹2600|
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern
The details about the exam pattern is very useful in the preparation of the jee advanced exam. It helps students to know about the type of question and time management like skills. But the students should note that the jee Advance pattern can change every year and is free for changes according to the paper setting authorities. The paper pattern is given below-
- The iit Jee advanced paper is only conducted in Computer Based Test mode. That is paper can only be conducted in offline mode.
- In the advance exam two papers are conducted that are paper 1 and paper 2.
- The paper is conducted in two shifts i.e., shift 1 (9am to 12pm) and shift 2 (2pm and 5pm).
- Duration of paper is 3 hours each.
- Language of the paper is available to be chosen from English and Hindi.
- Each paper in the jee advanced contains 3 sections similar to jee main paper that is, physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- The type of question in the paper are of different nature such as multiple choice questions, numerical value questions, match the following.
- The marking scheme is different for different types of questions and is decided according to the paper.
JEE Advanced Mock Test
Mock test are the most important part for the preparation of the iit jee advanced 2020 exam. There are various mock tests available on the internet for the iit jee exam. By giving mock test students can get to know in depth about the paper pattern, difficulty of questions and time management. Every year the jee also provides official mock test for the students on their official website. According to experts, giving as many mock test as possible will help the students to gain real experience of how to deal with the paper in the exam duration. It is recommended to give as many mock tests as possible.
JEE Advanced Syllabus
The jee advanced syllabus is almost similar to the jee main syallbus for all the subjects. But the depth of the topics is pretty much greater than the jee main questions. Because of these some new topics should also be learnt to solve these questions.
The questions in jee advanced is a mixture of around 4-5 concepts at the same time and used the complete knowledge of the student regarding a particular topic. But the basic syllabus is same. The syllabus can also be found on the jee advanced official website.
JEE Advanced Preparation Tips
JEE advanced is a very difficult exam with diverse course and nature of the questions so it is necessary for the students to have a strong study plan to succeed in this exam. The main part of the jee advanced preparation is the starting of preparation, many students think they will first start with jee mains and if they qualify for the jee advanced then in the one month gap they will prepare for JEE advanced. But this is not a correct way and is not at all recommended.
The jee advanced preparation is a complete journey and cannot be achieved in just a month so the preparation for jee mains and advanced should be done together. Topics for both the exam are similar the difference lies in the depth of concepts. If you study nicely for advance you can easily clear the mains exam.
The important tips for preparation are-
- Always study the topics with high weightage first.
- Try to understand the concepts and not to memorize it. Always go to the depth of the questions.
- Try to solve each and every question without the help of calculator.
- Speed and accuracy are must to succeed in the jee advanced examination.
- Study and solve as many previous year papers as possible as they will help you understand the level of the paper.
- Give as many online mick test as possible and try to increase your sitting to 7-8 hrs it will help you in the exam duration.
JEE Advanced Admit Card
The admit card for the jee advanced exam will be made available for the students in online mode on the jee official website. The Admit Card is an important document as it will contain all the necessary information like exam date, location, timing, roll number etc. And no student is allowed to go into the exam centre without a printed copy of the Admit Card.
The Admit Card can be easily download from the jee website with the given steps-
- Visit the JEE website and login with all the required details such as jee advanced Registration number, email id, date of birth etc. And then they will be directed to the next page.
- On the next page the Admit Card of the students will be displayed on the screen and can be checked and downloaded by the student to their device.
- The student should also take a photo identity proof issued by the government of india with the printed copy of the jee advanced admit card.
JEE Advanced Answer Key
Jee exam conducting authorities will release a provisional answer key for the jee advanced questions. The candidate can verify their anwers and calculate their marks according to the marking scheme provided in the answer key.
The students can also submit their quarries related to any particular answer in a specific time duration and that would be checked by the authorities. Amd after checking all the entries a final answer key is released which is not changed after that and the results are also made from that answer keys only.
JEE Advance Result
The result of the jee advance will contain all the details of the students like name, dob, registration number etc. The total marks and Air India Rank achieved by the student will be displayed on the results with the cutoff if the year. The detailed score of each paper will also be mentioned on the result.
The result will also only be made available in the online mode on the jee website. And can be downloaded in the similar manner as the jee Advance admit card.
Based on the jee advanced rank the students will be allocated colleges through a process as Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). The student can register for this after the results are declared and can create a list of colleges and courses they wish to join and after that JoSAA will allocate the college according to the ranking of the students. There are several rounds and students have various options like float, freeze or can opt to leave the counselling at any point of time.