IIT JEE Examination – Latest Updates for JEE Main & Advanced 2020
IIT JEE is one of the toughest and most admired exam by any engineering aspirant in the country. Every year almost 12 lakhs of students compete in the cut throat competition to secure a seat in one of the top engineering institutes of India. The seats are approximately around 10000.
There are two stages of the exam that are –IIT JEE Main and Advanced. The students who qualify the jee mains are only eligible to appear in the JEE advanced examination. The IIT JEE mains paper is held two times in a year once in January and next in april. The advanced paper is held in May and the paper is prepared by respective IIT’S. the JEE Main paper is conducted and prepared by the national testing agency under the Government of India.
On qualifying this exam a student can get admission in various courses like BTech or BE Planning and BE Architecture. the marks are acceptable almost in every government college of India and many private colleges also consider JEE main marks for admission.
- JEE Main Notification 2020
- JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020
- JEE Main Exam Date 2020
- JEE Main Application Form 2020
- JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020
JEE Main 2020
This year the IIT JEE Mains examination will be conducted in the month of January as well as april. The students can appear for the both the sessions of the exam but the marks from the session which are better will be considered for qualification process.
The main aim of JEE main examination S2 shortlist students for the IIT JEE advanced exam. A around 2 lakh students clear the JEE main exam every year. Apart from this you can also get admission in college like and it is and Triple IT with the jee main marks.
What’s new in JEE Main?
- The paper pattern of the jee main exam has been changed from the year 2020.
- Aadhar card is now a mandatory document for the jee main examination.
- A student who wish to join B.Plan courses cam now give separate exam of b planning in IIT jee mains.
- The paper will only be held in Computer Mode.
- The application procedure is also only available in online mode.
JEE Main Eligibility criteria
- The student should he a student of class 12th or equivalent course.
- Or he must have passed class 12th in 2018 or 2019.
- There is no age limit for the examination.
- There are maximum only 3 consecutive attempts for all the students.
- The first attempt is considered from the year of appearing class 12th.
- The student should be studying in any government recognised board.
JEE Main Latest exam pattern
- According to the latest exam pattern now there will be 3 separate papers for BTech, BArch and BPlanning.
- The B.Tech paper will now consist only 75 questions.
- The total marks in the paper will be 300.
- In each section will be 25 questions. Out of which 20 are multiple choice questions and rest 5 questions are numerical value questions.
- There will be no negative marking for the numerical value type questions.
- We have provided the changes in a tabulated manner for easy under standing.
|Option||JEE Main Old Pattern||JEE Main New Pattern|
|Exam Mode||Offline as well as online||Computer Based Test (online)|
|Maximum Marks||360 marks||300 marks|
|Number of questions||90||75|
|Weightage for each section||120 marks||100 marks|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer – 4 MarksWrong answer – (-1) Marks||Correct Answer- 4 MarksWrong Answer- (-1 for MCQ questions), no negative marking for numerical type questions|
|Examination Duration||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Question Type||All Multiple Choice Questions only||60 Multiple Choice Questions & 15 Numerical Value Questions|
JEE Main Exam Dates
From last year the exam is held two times a year. The student can appear for both the exams but have to register for each of them separately. The result with higher overall score is considered. This year the exam will be conducted form 6 to 11 January and 9 to 13 april.
The students get the facility to book a slot according to their preferred date and time. The Admit Card for the iit jee online exam will be available online on the iit entrance exam website. It will contain the details like exam date, time, exam centre etc. We have given all the dates in the table for easier access for the students.
Final Schedule For JEE Mains (January Session)
|S.No.||Events or particulars||Important Dates|
|1||IIT JEE 2020 Mains Application Form Release||September 2nd 2019|
|2||Final Date for Submission of Application||30th of September 2019|
|3||Last date for uploading Documents||1st week of October 2019|
|4||Application form Correction Portal||2nd – 3rd week of October 2019|
|5||Examination Slot Booking||3rd -4th week of August 2019|
|6||Admit card||6th December 2019|
|7||IIT JEE 2020 Exam Dates||6th – 11th January 2020|
|8||Availability of official question papers and student responses||3rd week of January 2020|
|9||Declaration of JEE main 2020 January session results||31st January 2020|
Final Schedule For JEE Mains (April session)
|1||IIT JEE 2020 Mains Application form Release||7th February 2020|
|2||Final Date for Application Form submission||7th March 2020|
|3||Application form correction portal||2nd week of March 2020|
|4||Release of Admit Card||16th March 2020|
|5||JEE Mains April Examination||9th– 13th April 2020|
|6||Official Question Papers and student responses||2nd – 3rd week of April 2020|
|7||Final Answer key declaration||4th – 5th week of April 2020|
|8||Declaration of Result||30th Aprill 2020|
JEE Advance 2020
This is the next phase of the iit entrance exam. As the name suggests it is more advanced and tougher part of the iit jee exam. The students who have scored minimum qualifying marks in the jee main exam are only eligible for appear for the iit entrance exam advance stage.
This year the exam will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee under the Joint Examination Board (JAB). This will be a iit jee online mode paper only. And the students should fill a new application form to apply for iit jee advanced examination.
- There are two papers in jee advanced.
- Both the papers contains all the three sections- Physics, Chemistry and physics.
- The paper contains various types of questions such as more than one correct answer, match the following, numerical value type, etc.
- The weightage of the questions keep changing every year.
- Both the papers are held on the same day with a gap of 30 minutes in between each paper.
Changes in JEE Advance
- Now the candidate has to select 5 exam centre preference which was 3 previously.
- Now 2.24 lakh students will get qualified for the jee advance exam which are 5 thousand higher that previous year.
- The reservation criteria for pwd students has been increased to 5% from 3%.
- The application fees for the JEE Advance exam for general category students have been increased to ₹2600.
JEE Advance Application and Examination Dates
- The application process for IIT JEE advanced starts after the release of JEE Main examination results.
- The application process is similar to jee main but students who has qualified the jee main exam can only apply for the jee advanced.
- The students have to pay separate fees for the JEE Advance exam.
- The exam is generally held in last week of May.
- Only students with age less than 26 years can apply for the Jee main exam.
This was a basic introduction regarding the jee main as well as the advance exam. The student can easily get a insight of both the exams with this. But the main part is the preparation part. The student must have to prepare well to clear this Examination.
Steps to start the preparation-
- The student must have a good knowledge about the syllabus and the paper pattern of the jee main exam.
- The student should know his weakness and strengths.
- Start with the most basic topics like unit and dimensions, sets etc.
- Never ignore a topic because the questions can be a mix of more than 5 topics as well.
- Know about the weightage of all the topics and focus more on high weightage topics.
Points to consider-
- Never study according to watch, study according to your understanding.
- If you can learn a topic easily then why waste more hours on it, just because a topper said to do so.
- Don’t study with many books at the same time.
- Never study more than 1 topic in the same subject, as can lead to unclear and mixture if concepts.
- Study topics with more weightage seriously and practice as many questions as possible.
- Study with a proper timetable for better results.
- Always study from standard books and don’t go for local books as it can misguide you.
Just Before Exam
- Never study a new concept one day before exam.
- Never try a new question which you have never did before.
- Study only the formulas and personal notes.
- Sleep as much as you can.
- Give as many iit jee online mock tests as possible to increase your speed and make you familiar with Computer.
- Don’t stuck or panic in a single question and focus on other questions.
Best Books for JEE Preparation
Books are the students best partner during the preparation process and gives him the best knowledge regarding any topic. But not all books are recommended for iit jee exam preparation. We have mentioned the top picks for the jee exam preparation.
- SL Loney for trigonometry
- Cengage complete series for both mains and advanced
- Tata McGraw hill mathematics
- A das Gupta- complete mathematics
- RS Aggarwal and RD Sharma for basics
- Hall and knight for higher algebra
- HC Verma both parts
- Resnick and Halliday
- IE Irodov for questions (recommended for advance)
- R.P. Feyman – Feyman’s lecture on Physics
- DC Pandey- Arihant Prakashan
- Morrison and boydd- for organic chemistry
- OP Tandon- Physical chemistry
- Bruce H. mahan University chemistry- for physical
- JD Lee – for inorganic chemistry
- NCERT for inorganic
- Solomon for organic chemistry
- P Bahadur- for physical chemistry
Apart from all the books mentioned previous year papers are also very important for the IIT JEE exam and they are also very helpful to achieve a good score in the exam.