JEE Main 2020 – Dates, Application Form & Admit Card
JEE main exam is the first stage of the joint entrance examination. The jee mains exam score is used for admission in prestigious colleges like the NIT’S, IIIT’s, GFTI’s etc. The score is also used as a qualifying criteria for the iit jee advanced exam. The jee main exam is conducted by the national testing agency (NTA) across the country.
The exam is conducted in the online mode and students who have passed or currently studying any of the eligible qualifying exams are eligible for giving jee main exam. The paper is generally based on the Central Board of Secondary Education’s (CBSE) class 11th and 12th.
Changes in JEE Mains 2020-
- The application fees for jee mains has now been increased for all the categories.
- There is no facility for submission of fees in offline mode now. And fees can only be submitted in online mode.
- There is a big change in iit jee mains exam pattern for all the papers, which you can find below.
- JEE Main Exam centers have now been reduced to 233 from 264.
- There will be separate paper for B.Arch and B.Planning.
JEE Main Important Dates
|3rd September to 30th september 2019
|Application form correction
|11th October to 17th October
|Admit card release
|6th January to 11th January
|31 January 2020
|7th February to 7th march 2020
|Admit card release
|16th march 2020
|3rd april to 9th april
|30th april 2020
Application forms for the IIT JEE Mains 2020 January session have been released on 3rd September and will be active till 30th of September. The students can only fill the application of a single session at one time, which means there are different application forms for both the January and april session of the jee mains exam.
The following steps can be carried out to fill the application form-
- Registration- Candidates have to register by going on the jee main official website by providing details like name of candidate, mobile number, email id, date of birth etc. This will generate a user/login id for the candidate. The candidate has to set a password according to the specifications given on the jee website. This password and login id should now be used login to the website.
- Application form- After logging in the student can now fill the application form. The student will have to submit details such as personal details, exam center preference, guardian details etc.
- Documents- The candidate need to upload his latest passport size photograph and signature in a scanned copy of the specifications as mentioned on the website.
- Fee Payment- The candidate has to fill the application fee in the online mode only using credit/debit card or net banking. The fees is as mentioned below-
|Paper Appearing in
|Only Paper 1 or Paper 2
|Boys- 650 Girls- 325
|Boys- 325 Girls- 325
|Both Paper 1 and Paper 2
|Boys- 1300 Girls- 650
|Boys- 650 Girls- 650
- Conformation Page- After above steps are done the conformation page/acknowledgement slip can be downloaded from the website for future reference.
JEE Main Correction Portal- In case a student has made a student has made any mistake while filling the application form he can correct it in a particular duration on the jee main correction portal. This year the portal will open from October 11 to October 19. The candidate can edit some details during this period while some of the details can’t be changed.
IIT JEE Mains 2020 exam has a certain eligibility criteria, the student must satisfy the eligibility criteria to be able to appear for the jee mains exam. If a student does not become eligible with this terms he will not be allowed to sit for the exam. The eligibility is given as follows-
- Age Limit- There is no age limit for the jee mains exam.
- Qualifying Exam- The candidate should have passed the class 12 or should be a student of class 12 from any central government recognized board. The students from any equivalent courses like diploma etc. are also eligible for the exam.
- Subjects in qualifying exam- Candidate must have studied minimum of 5 subjects in the qualifying exam. They can be Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical vocational subject and language subject.
- Number of Attempts- A student can give 3 consecutive attempts for the jee mains exam. Suppose a student is studying in class 12 in 2020, he can give jee main in 2020, 2021 and 2022 only. According to the new rule a student can give jee main 2 times a year so the total attempts are 6.
- For admission in IIT/NIT/GFTI – For admission in these institution the candidate must have an aggregate of 75% in class 12th. For SC/ST/PwD category there is a relaxation of 10%.
This year the jee main exam has seen many changes in the exam pattern. The changes are made to all the three papers in the iit jee main exam. These changes are helpful in reducing panic among the students and time related problems during the paper.
The main changes in the jee main paper pattern are listed below-
- The maximum marks in the paper has been reduced from 360 to 300.
- The total number of questions have also been reduced from 90 to 75.
- Each section will have 25 questions. Out of which 20 questions will be multiple choice type question and 5 questions will be numerical value type question.
- For every correct answer the student will be awarded with +4 marks.
- The negative marking scheme has been changed this year there will be -1 marks for incorrect answer to mcq’s. But their will be no negative marking on numerical value type question.
JEE Main Syllabus
The syllabus for the NTA JEE Main exam is a combination of CBSE class 11th and 12th course. There are three sections in the jee main paper 1 which are physics, chemistry and mathematics. The detailed syllabus can be found on the jee main official website.
The topics can be found in the ncert books but the level of the questions and deepness of the topic is different and the student can’t just rely on NCERT books to score a good rank in the nta jee main paper. The students must read the good level books and should solve previous year papers.
JEE Main Preparation Tips
JEE Main is a national level exam and the number of students appearing in the JEE Main paper is large. To get through this cut throat competition the students must have a perfect study plan. The prepration tips are given below-
- The students should understand the syllabus and make a plan according to it.
- Start your preparation with the NCERT books, first clear your basics.
- Solve as many questions as possible. Work on accuracy and time management.
- Be familiar with the paper pattern and the level of questions.
- Solve as many mock tests as possible.
- Be familiar about the basic functioning of a computer because now a days the test is only conducted on online mode.
- Revise and analyze your performance after each test.
- Always prepare short handwritten notes for every topic you study. This will help you in the last stage of your preparation.
- Always give attention on the topics with higher weightage. You can find that topics in our jee main syllabus.
JEE Main Admit card
JEE main admit card is released on the jee main website in online mode. The admit card for January session will be available from 6th December and for April session will be available from 16th march. The student must download the admit card from the official exam website and take a printed copy of it.
The admit card contains all the important details like the exam location, date, slot, roll number, reporting time etc. Without the admit card a student can’t enter the exam center. The student should also carry a passport size photograph and a photo identity proof to the exam centre.
To download the admit card the candidate can visit the jee website and sign in with his id and password. After that he will be able to see his admit card and can download it.
JEE Main Answer Key
The answer key for the jee main will be released on the jee main official website. The NTA will release a pre answer key before the final answer key. The students can check their marks with the official answer key before the release of the nta jee main result. There is also a facility to report for any objection in the answer key. If any of the student or teacher fount any wrong answer in the jee main answer key he can submit it to the nta on the jee website with his roll number and his query.
After checking all the submissions the final answer key is released on the jee website and no further changes are entertained after the final key is released. The result is also calculated based on the final answer key only. There is separate answer key for both the sessions of the exam.
JEE Main result
Results of the nta jee main January session will be released on 31st January and for the april session on the 30th of april. The result can be checked on the official website similarly as the admit card. The result will contain all the details and the score of the student in percentile. In the april month result the score of January session will also be mentioned.