The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is on 2nd February 2020, and isn’t far from now, which only means the preparation has to spiced up. With WBJEE preparation tips, crack the exam with flying colors. Hit the nail on head with the following preparation tips for WBJEE.
Competitive exams are always intimidating and distressful. But there is no secret recipe to success. With proper preparation, hard work and lessons from failures, any competition can be cracked.
WBJEE Preparation Tips 2020
Get to the basics
A simple and basic one in the WBJEE preparation tips 2020 is to know details about the exam. The exam will be conducted offline and responses will have to be marked on OMR sheets
- Paper 1 will be held between 11 am to 1 pm and will consist of questions from mathematics.
- Paper 2 will be held between 2 pm to 4 pm and will consist of questions from physics and chemistry.
Familiarize the paper pattern with WBJEE tips
- The question papers will be of multiple-choice questions type.
- The questions and their marking scheme are given below.
|Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||Total Number of Questions||Marks per Category||Total Marks|
|Mathematics||50||15||10||75||Category 1 – 1 markCategory 2 – 1 markCategory 3 – 2 marks||100|
|Physics||30||5||5||40||Category 1 – 1 markCategory 2 – 1 markCategory 3 – 2 marks||50|
|Chemistry||30||5||5||40||Category 1 – 1 markCategory 2 – 1 markCategory 3 – 2 marks||50|
- Oops! Be careful with your attempts because negative marking to wrong answers or combination of answers will result in deduction of 1/4th of the total mark given for the question
- The ranking lists will be calculated based on cut off scores and number of candidates taking the WBJEE 2020
- Tie-breaking rules will be applied to prefer candidates with same ranks
Did you the syllabus yet?
- The syllabus for WBJEE 2020 will consist of 3 sections: mathematics, physics, and chemistry
- The NCERT books for classes 11th and 12th can be followed for preparing for WBJEE 2020
Don’t afford to forget dates
Make sure you don’t miss out on the following important dates
|Application last date||13/11/2019|
|Last date for changes in the application||16/11/2019|
|Date of examination||02/02/2020|
|Result announcement||Will be notified later|
Be aware of the ease in the admissions
- Are you a ward of defense personnel? There are some reservations in seats for children of defense personals
- There are eligibility criteria that are different from the general ones for a few colleges. Hence make sure you are aware of them as well and stay ahead of the crowd.
- There is an exciting part of the admission process – there are tuition fee waiver for some special categories of students
To check-in, if you fit in the special category, check the details on the official website
Try to Give Into Your Best
- Don’t finish it close to its limit
Start the preparation early. This will offer a twofold advantage – enough time to cover the entire syllabus and revise as many numbers of times.
- Lose your distractions
Keep your focus away from the biggest enemy, the distractions. Binge-watching and games and social medial could do no help to you while you prepare for achieving your dream.
- Have a study plan
Not only a timeline but notes on resources help you manage time. Having too many resources will not only alleviate distress but also will distract you from being expertise at subjects of interest.
- Practice into Perfection
There are numerous help available online. Take mock tests to know your mistakes and learn from them. Familiarizing with previous year question papers also helps in identifying key topics
- Remember you are not alone?
Engage yourself in a healthy study group. Lone preparation might not offer an exchange of exciting ideas and shortcuts and tricks. Most importantly, one needs friends to keep your spirits high.
- A healthy lifestyle is also a key
Preparations might require you to burn the midnight oil. Loss of proper sleep and food might itself cause more stress. Take timely breaks and engage in mind diverting activities to revitalize your energy
- Making notes helps
Make a short note on important formulae, equations, and concepts. This helps in the last-minute revisions and helps you remember the key aspects.
- Know your subjects well
Subject wise preparation aids in clarity. For example, solving more problems in mathematics, practicing equations in chemistry, memorizing concepts in physics will help in strategizing the preparation.
Preparing in a month!
One can crack WBJEE even with a month preparation. Be a sincere aspirant and don’t prepare by fits and starts. Don’t start a new topic for preparation. Get the foundation and basement strong with thorough preparation of basics. Practice for key aspects like speed and accuracy.
Admission to academic institutes will always witness a cutthroat competition and many students miss the success by a whisker. The most challenging part of preparation is to stay on schedule. To crack WBJEE, prepare well regularly and not by fits and starts. Remember not to overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. With all tooth and nail burn the midnight oil to come out with flying colors. Good Luck!