The way forward to ace your JEE paper well is to study the correct preparatory IIT JEE books. But very often we end up getting confused from which IIT preparation book should we study from and from which book we should not? How to choose our reference book? Because every second book is the best and so is very author. You don’t have all the time under the sun… Do you? So how do you choose you’re the one book?
Self-study is one of the most important aspect required by any JEE aspirant and students take up toll by studying many IIT JEE preparation books. Coaching Institutes and professors act as a catalyst in achieving your success. Due to lack of guidance, students often end up wasting their precious time. We, at Mathongo are here to help to consolidate the list of iit books which have been favored by various teachers and professors for years.
Best books for IIT JEE Mathematics
· NCERT Textbooks for Mathematics
· Objective Mathematics Vol 1 and Vol 2 by R.D. Sharma
This book is good enough if you just want to clear JEE and go to any engineering college but if you wish to pursue further, you should also do the given below books.
· Complete Mathematics (TMH) by Ravi Prakash, Ajay Kumar, Usha Gupta
· Arihant Skills in Mathematics- Set of 7 books by Dr. SK Goyal, Amit M Agarwal
· Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma – The beginner’s guide to Mathematics
There are in total 2 volumes which has exercises covering the entire syllabus with questions based on IIT JEE advanced and other engineering exams. It also has illustrative examples, which is good for practicing for any newbie.
· Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney
This iit jee maths book covers Heights, Distances, and Inverse Trigonometric functions wonderfully. It has clear fundamentals explanations which would build a solid concept background. Answers are also printed in back of the book which are very helpful.
· Plane Co-ordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney
A right blend of basics with standard problems, this book is one of the best books which has complete portions of coordinate geometry required to tackle IIT JEE, AIEEE and other state engineering exams. Topic which you must read from this book is Straight Lines and Circles.
· Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
This book has a lot of solved as well as unsolved examples. It covers topics like Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression, Harmonic Progression, ratios, proportions, permutation and combination, determinants and theory of numbers. This book is good for practice. At the top of that, Step by step solutions are so given in the book.
· Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron Calculus
If you can solve this iit jee mathematics book, you have mastered the subject already. This book is one of the toughest topics of Mathematics. A major chuck of your syllabus i.e. Differential Calculus and Integral Calculus will be done. This book has various problems, all with explanations and illustrations. As you proceed further into the book, the difficulty level increases and so does the grasping power of the students.
Best Physics books for IIT JEE
· NCERT Textbooks for Physics
· Concepts of Physics Vol 1 and Vol 2 by HC Verma
This book is needed for both JEE Mains as well as advanced. Please study other books for more conceptual details and practice of numerical.
· Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday & Resnick
· Understanding Physics set of 5 books by DC Pandey
· 40 Years’ Chapter wise Topic wise Solved Papers (2018-1979) IIT JEE Physics by DC Pandey
· Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma
A custom-tailored book for all higher secondary students. This book covers not only JEE advanced syllabus but also, has questions for boards. It has a number of solved and unsolved problems. Students prefer to read Mechanics, Electrostatics, Modern Physics, Thermodynamics, and Optics from this book.
· Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
Topics like Rotation, Electro Magnetism and Wave Optics are often referenced from this book. The topics principles are described in very minute detail and their derivations along with examples are given well in the text book.
· Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
There are in total six division with each having chapter wise questions and answers at the end. Chapters like Basis of Vector, Trigonometry, and Calculus must be studied from this book. But to solve this book, you must have your concepts clear. Since the questions are so a bit difficult, it might be time consuming too. So, it would be better to study from this book only if you are done with all the bases.
Best Chemistry books for IIT JEE
· NCERT Textbooks for Chemistry
· A textbook of Physical Chemistry by Dr. R.K Gupta
· A textbook of Organic Chemistry by Dr. O.P. Tandon
· A textbook of Inorganic Chemistry by Dr. O.P. Tandon
· 40 Years Chapter wise Topic wise Solved Papers (2018-1979) IIT JEE Chemistry by Ranjeet Shahi
· Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
The whole syllabus includes Atomic Structure, Radioactivity and Nuclear Transformation and Stoichiometry. This book has both theoretical and numerical problems. It is a must-have for all JEE advanced examinations preparing students. These topics like Energetics, Chemical Kinetics, Chemical Equilibrium, Solutions and Electrochemistry are explained very well in the group.
· Organic Chemistry by Paula Bruice Yurkanis
This book is a mix of conceptual theory and its application. There are 3 parts in the group. Part 2 has chapters named Hydrocarbons, Stereo Chemistry, and Resonance in it while Part 3 has Substitution and Elimination Reactions in it.
· Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
This book makes organic chemistry so easy as every concept is presented in a very simple form and a systematic way. It has MCQs, Matching Type Questions and also Assertion Reason-Type Questions. Various articles and reaction mechanisms of organic chemistry are also newly added in updated books.
· Chemistry XI & XII by NCERT
Chemistry NCERT is a bible for all the students. Inorganic Chemistry should be studied from this book. Topics like Preparation and Properties of Non-metal, Transition Elements, Ores and Minerals, Extractive Metallurgy and Group Analysis are very nicely covered with lot of exercise questions.