Important Topics for JEE Mains 2020 Mathematics and Chapterwise Weightage
Mathematics in the jee main paper is the hardest Section of the paper. Almost every year the questions in the mathematics sections are harder than other sections of thr paper. This is also a very time consuming section. But knowing the important topics in maths for jee mains can help you ace this section easily.
The jee mains maths important topics are hard to find, because questions in this section cover almost all the topics given in the jee main syllabus of maths. The student should also have a good calculation and problem solving speed to score maximum in this section.Download the FREE PDF
According to the nature of previous year papers we have prepared a list of some most important chapters in maths for jee mains. These are sort of do or die chapters and can’t be left at any cost. The jee main maths important chapters are as follows-
- Calculus- It is the one of the most important topics for maths in jee mains. It is a must do topic and can easily get your 12-16 marks if your concepts are good. Every year atleast 3-4 questions are put up from this topic and there are cases when around 8 out of 30 questions are based on calculus. But calculus is not a chapter in itself it is a combination of several topics.
- Differentiation- It is a easy but one of jee maths important topics. It comprises of almost 1-2 questions in the jee main exam and scoring in this topic is easier and less time consuming.
- Integration- This part is a lot harder than other parts of calculus because of its variety of questions. The student must learn all the formula and do a lot of practice to get through this jee main important topic.
- Limits, Continuity and Differentiability- It is another important jee main mathematics topic. This topic is huge and consists of many topics and also the level of questions askef from this is hard.
- Matrices and Determinants- It’s the easiest marks a student can score in the jee main maths paper. The questions from this topic are easiest and can be done in short time with the use of various short tricks. Around 2 questions are asked evary year and therefore it falls under the category of jee maths important chapters.
- Trigonometry- It’s a sort of hit or miss type of topic because there is no certainly about the presence of questions in the paper from this section. But the concepts of this topic are used in various topics so we have put it in the category of jee maths important topics.
- Sequence and Series- Almost every year 1-2 questions are put from this topic. But the level of questions is always ranges between medium to high level. This topic is hard and time consuming but it is an important topic in maths for jee mains.
- Probability- It is also one of the most important chapters in maths for jee mains. But the questions are not very easy and should be given proper time to get to the correct answer. It can be a combination of various concepts and also requires use of topics like sets and functions. You can expect 1-2 questions from this section.
- Sets and Functions- As mentioned above this topic is used in various other topics but sometimes direct questions are also asked from this section. If you leave this topic it can affect your performance in 3-4 topics. Therefore it is an part of maths important chapters for jee mains.
- Statistics- This topic is simple the questions can be put on finding variance etc., from the data given. The topic is one of the important topics in maths for jee mains because it is easy and around 1-2 questions can be put in the paper from this topic.
We have mentioned all the important topics in the mathematics for JEE mains but still if possible the student should study all the topics in the jee main syllabus. But special attention should be given to this topic as they can help them to score 60+ marks in the mathematics section.
Weightage of different chapter in JEE Mains
We have prepared a table of analysis of jee main paper of 2019 to highlight the jee main maths important chapters by seeing the number of questions asked from these topics. The student are advised not to miss topics from which more than 2 questions are asked in jee main paper because it is one of jee mains maths important topics. The list of maths important chapters for jee mains.
|Name of chapter||No of questions|
|Relation and Functions||1|
|Matrices and Determinant||3|
|Continuity and Differentiability||2|
|Vector and 3-D Geometry||3|
|Limits and differentiation||1|
|Sequence and series||2|
|Permutation and combination||1|
Watch the video analysis here
For Physics, click here: Important Topics for JEE Mains 2020 Physics
For Chemistry, click here: Important Topics for JEE Mains 2020 Chemistry