JEE Main 2020 Application Form – Step by Step Form Filling Process
This year the JEE 2020 mains application form is going to be released on 2nd September (tentatively). According to a report the exam date will be released in a notification by NTA which is going to be released on 20th of August.
Students who are willing to appear for the JEE mains exam in January session can fill-up the form on official NTA website. The eligible students can fill the forms from 2nd September 2020.
Tentative Schedule for JEE Mains 2020
|Events||January Exam||April Exam|
|Start of Registration for JEE Main 2020||2nd September 2019||2nd week of February 2020|
|JEE Main Form Correction||1st week of October 2019||2nd week of March 2020|
|Admit Card for JEE Mains 2020||2nd week of December 2019||4th week of March 2020|
|JEE Mains 2020 Exam Date||1st – 2nd week of January 2020||1st – 2nd week of April 2020|
A student appearing for JEE mains should comply with the eligibility norms set by the governing agency of the JEE Mains exam i.e. NTA.
- A student should have Maths, Physics, Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology, Language & any optional subject in +2.
- The student must have passed +2 or equivalent exam.
- There is no age limit for candidates appearing JEE mains.
- Candidate should have passed +2 in 2018, 2019 or will pass in 2020 can apply for JEE mains 2020.
- For admission in IIT’S, NIT’S, GFTI’S the candidate must have secured 75% aggregate marks in +2 for general and OBC category & 65% aggregate for SC and ST candidates.
If a student satisfies these terms which are stated by NTA then only he/she is allowed to take part in JEE mains 2020 exam.
Number of attempts
According to new rules released by NTA, the number of times a student can appear for jee mains has increased compared to the previous years.
- A student can give a total of 6 attempts to JEE mains exam.
- A student can appear in both JEE mains January and April session but has to register separately.
- In this way, a student can attempt to jee mains two times in a year.
- A student can give jee mains only in three consecutive years which includes the year which he has passed the +2 exams.
JEE Mains Application Form 2020
NTA will be going to release notification on 20th August regarding the release of application forms for JEE mains January session. The date of release of application forms is most likely to be 2nd of September. The application forms can be found on the official NTA website and can be filled from mobile as well as computer.
Documents required to fill the JEE Mains Application Form
There are many documents required to cross-check the details while filling the jee mains application form 2020. It would come in handy if you keep all these documents while filling the jee mains application form.
- Scanned passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of the signature
- Class 12th mark sheet (if the candidate has passed class 12th)
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking Details for online fees payment
- Valid ID proof- Aadhar card, driving license, passport number, ration card number or any other government of India issued ID proof.
Details to be filled in JEE Mains Application orm
- State of eligibility- the state from which the candidate has passed or is pursuing his class 12th.
- State where class 12th school/NIOS study center is located- this is the same as the state of eligibility.
- Identification Type- the candidate has to select a valid ID proof out the following
- Aadhar number
- Student ID
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Bank Account
- Ration Card
- Any other valid Government ID
- ID Card Number- The number of the selected identification type document should be entered.
- Candidate’s Name- Same as in class 12th exam
- Father’s name- Same as in class 12th exam
- Mother’s Name- Same as in class 12th
- Gender- Can be chosen between male/female/transgender
- Date of Birth- Same as registered in class 12th
- Category- General/OBC/SC/ST (Minority and OBC Non-creamy layer candidates should register themselves in general category)
- Person with disability (PwD)- Yes/No, if chosen yes the candidate has to mention the percentage of disability. He has to also mention that he needs a scribe to write the exam or not (only candidates who are visually-challenged and have 40% or more disability are given a scribe.
- Nationality- Indian students have to select Indian and foreign candidates can choose their respective nationalities.
- Place of residence- urban/rural
- Applying for- Jee Main Paper 1 or 2 or both.
- Mode of exam- CBT (computer-based test is only available for jee main 2020)
- Choice of exam city- 4 test choices in order of priority should be chosen.
- Question Paper medium- Language in which student wants to appear the paper should be chosen from English/Hindi/Gujarati (Gujarati is only available for candidates from Gujarat & Daman and Diu)
Mailing address details
- Country- in which candidate resides
- Stare- in which the candidate resides
- District- select the district of residence of the candidate
- Address- Mailing address should be provided
- Locality- enter the name of your locality
- City/town/village- name of the city/town/village of residence
- Pin code- pin code of selected city/town/village
- Email address- candidate should provide an active and valid email address which can be used for future correspondence.
- Mobile Number- candidate should provide an active and valid mobile number which can be used for future correspondence.
- Landline number- candidate should provide an active landline number with std code or any other alternative contact number.
- Year of passing class 10th exam.
- Board of class 12th exam
- Name of the qualifying exam passed/appearing
- Place of class 12th schooling- should select from city/town/village
- Year of passing/appearing class 12th exam
- Percentage of class 12th examination
- Class 12th roll number- if allotted before registration
- Appeared/appearing for improvement in class 12th exam- yes/no
- Institution ownership for class12th- government or private
- Mode of preparation- for jee main
- Name of school/college for class 12th exam
- Address of class 12th school/college
- Mother and father name
- Educational qualifications of parents
- The annual income of both mother and father
Steps to fill the JEE Mains Application Form
We have prepared a step by step guide to fill the JEE mains 2020 application form-
- Go to the official JEE mains website and click on “Apply for JEE Mains Jan 2020″. In the case of the April session, it would change to “Apply for JEE main April session”.
- Now you will be redirected to the next page in which you will see 3 step procedure to fill-up the form. The candidate has to click on ” Proceed to Apply”.
- Now the candidate will be shown all the instructions on an information bulletin board. The candidate has to check a box which states that “I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions”. Then he can click on “Proceed to apply online”.
- Now the candidate has fill details like state of eligibility, name, date of birth, etc. in authentication form.
- The candidate is then redirected to JEE Main Application Form 2020, where he has to fill details like personal details, exam details, academic and guardian details.
- The candidate can now submit and review the form. Then after verification click on submit.
- The candidate should verify both of their email id and mobile numbers. They will receive an OTP to verify their contact details. They can move to the next step only after verification of the contact details.
- Upload the photograph and signature according to the following specifications. And click on submit.
- Pay the fees by selecting the payment method. You can pay the fees online by debit card/credit card/net banking or can fill it by e-challan for this you would need to pay the fees in nearest SBI branch. The fees details are given below- Paper Type Fee for General/OBC Fee of SC/ST/PwD Paper 1 (B.Tech) OR Paper 2 (B.Arch) Boys- Rs 500 Girls- Rs 250 Boys- Rs 250 Girls- Rs 250 Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 Boys- Rs 900 Girls- Rs 450 Boys- Rs 450 Girls- Rs 450 .
- Now you will be shown a confirmation page. Print this page for future reference.
|Photograph||3.5 cm×4.5 cm||10 kb to 200 kb|
|Signature||3.5 cm×1.5 cm||4 kb to 30 kb|
How to change JEE Mains Application Form Password?
In case you have forgotten your JEE mains application form password you can change it using the following steps-
- You should visit the JEE mains login page.
- Click on “I can’t access my account” option.
- In the next tab click on “forgot my password” option.
- A candidate gets 3 options to change his account password-
- Security question and answer chose by the candidate during JEE Main Registration.
- Using a verification code or one-time password sent through SMS sent to the registered mobile number of the candidate.
- Using a reset link sent to the registered email address of the candidate.
- Candidate can opt for any one of the above 3 options according to convenience and follow the steps given to change the password.
How to retrieve JEE Mains Application Number?
- Click on “I can’t access my account’ on jee mains login page.
- Click on “I forgot my JEE main application form number” button.
- You need to provide details like candidate name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, state of eligibility and security pin.
- You will get your application form if all the details provided are correct.
JEE Mains Application Form Correction
Many students make mistakes while filling the JEE Mains application form unintentionally. NTA will open a portal for correction of form details. It is most probably done in the second week of October.
In this duration, the students can correct or edit details like personal details, category, name, eligibility, etc. You can also correct your image and signature during this correction period. A candidate must pay an additional fee for correction in some fields. The things a candidate can not edit is the exam center preference, email id, contact number, state of eligibility, id card details.
How to make corrections in JEE Main Application Form 2020
- Candidate should visit the application correction link which would be activated on the official JEE mains website.
- You will be asked to log in using JEE main application number and password.
- Correct the details you filled wrongly.
- Submit the final form after making corrections.
- Make sure you have corrected all the details because after that you won’t be able to change any details.
After the candidate has successfully filled the JEE mains application form 2020 he will issue an admit card to attend the exam. The admit card will be issued by NTA. The admit card for the January session will be released in 2nd or 3rd week of December.
It contains all the important information such as exam center, date, time slot, roll number, etc. The student will need his date of birth, jee main application number to get access to admit card.
Admit card is one of the most important document without which you cannot enter the exam center so it is advised for the candidate to keep an extra copy of the admit card.
Official Answer Key
The NTA will release an answer key before the release of the final result. The candidate can get this answer key by logging into the NTA or JEE mains website. The students can evaluate their performance by the answer key.
But if and the student finds any issues or quarries related to any questions he can send it to the NTA by filling a form and paying a fee of Rs 1000. NTA will look after all the quarries submitted before publishing the final result.
The results for January session are most likely to be declared in 3rd or 4th week of January. The result can be checked on the official JEE mains website. The candidate would need to sign in with these application number and password to get access to their results.
or wants to change the college or branch he can take part in CSAB special round counseling. Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) conducts a special round in which admission is given on the seats which are left vacant after completion of JoSAA counseling.