KVPY 2019 Application Form – Exam Dates & Eligibility
KVPY( Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) is a scholarship program run by for basic science students. It is initiated and funded by the department of science and technology, Government of India. The aim of this exam is to encourage the intelligent students to pursue their career in basic sciences, by giving them fellowship.
The conducting authority of the examination is Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. The exam will be held on 3rd November 2019. The students who qualifies this exam will be have to be present in an interview after which the final selection will be made.
The course and fellowship of the exam depends upon which stream the candidates belong to. The streams are SA, SB and SX which are explained below. The exam is conducted only in computer mode and no offline mode is available. Similarly the application form is also filled only in online mode.
The exam will be conducted on 54 cities across India and the medium of examination is only English. Candidate from any part of india can apply for the exam. This year the number of candidates who will get fellowship from different streams are SA- 75, SB-66, SX- 144.
SA, SB and SX Stream Explained
- SA Stream- The Candidate who are applying for the KVPY exam after passing class 11th have to apply under this stream
- SB Stream- The candidates studying in B.Sc. basic sciences 1st year should apply under this stream.
- SX Stream- Candidates who are applying after class 12th for KVPY exam should apply under this stream.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates who wish to apply for KVPY registration 2019 should check the eligibility criteria for KVPY before applying for the exam. The students who satisfies the below given eligibility criteria will only be allowed to appear the KVPY examination.
- Nationality- The candidates should belong to India.
- For SA Stream- Candidates applying under this stream must have science subjects in their class 11th. They should also have an aggregate of 75% in their class 10th in the subjects science and mathematics. There is a 10% relaxation in marks for reserved categories.
- For SX Stream- The candidate must be a student of class 12th at the time of application. The candidate must have a aggregate score of 75% in mathematics and science in class 10th. Relaxation is available for reserved categories.
- For SB Stream- Candidate must be a student of 1st year in under graduate course in basic sciences. The students must have a score of aggregate 60%. And 50% for reserved categories.
Necessary Things for KVPY 2019 Application Form
- A valid email address and mobile number, which you have access at the time of application form.
- Access to working debit/credit card or net banking for filling of application form.
- Application fee for General and OBC category is INR 1000 & INR for reserved categories (ST/SC/PwD)
- The KVPY registration 2019 can be done only in the online mode. There is no way to fill the KVPY 2019 application form in offline mode.
- The eligibility criteria should be checked before filling the KVPY online registration form 2019 because if a student is ineligible the application form of the candidate will be cancelled without refund of fees.
- Students should keep the documents ready in advance which are required in the KVPY registration 2019 process. It would be better if the documents are in digitally scanned form.
- The application fee should be filled in required duration and should be filled only after checking all the entries because the application fees Is non refundable if the application form is rejected.
- The student should also get a scanned copy of his latest passport size photograph and signature to be uploaded on the website.
- Make sure that the size of documents is as per the specifications given on the website.
- The photograph should be clear and the signature should as be done on plain white paper.
KVPY Application Procedure
By this step by step procedure the candidate can easily navigate to the application page and can register himself for the KVPY examination.
- Navigate to the official KVPY website.
- Find the option to login on the website of the application procedure.
Step 1- Registration
- The registration procedure is mandatory before filling the application form. They have to click on registration option given on the website.
- The details to be filled for registration are- basic details (like name, date of birth etc.), email id and mobile number and have to confirm their entries as a human by verifying the captcha.
- After the registration process the candidate will be allotted an user id and password. The candidate has to use this id for further login on the website.
Step 2- Filling of Application Form
Candidate has to login to fill the application form. The details and step by step procedure is given below-
- Personal Details- Candidates have to fill their details like gender, caste & category and residential address. After that click on save button and navigate to next part of the application form.
- Academic Details- In this section the details regarding the education classification of the candidate must be filled. The details of school and college such as name & address must be filled in the form. Save your details and then next.
- Uploading of Documents- The candidates have to upload their latest passport size photograph and signature of the given preferences.
- Exam Preference- In this section the candidate have to select the preferences like language and test centres (upto 4 choices).
Step 3- KVPY Application Fees Payment
- The fees of KVPY can be paid in online mode only.
- For filling the fees the candidate should have a debit/credit card or a net banking account. After filling fees the student can check the status of his form by logging to the KVPY website.
- The fees details are given below-
|General and OBC||INR 1000|
KVPY Application Submission Status
- Candidate can check their application status by logging in to the KVPY website using their user ID and password.
- The students should download the copy of the application form in the printed form This is necessary for future reference.
KVPY Application: Correction process and Preview
- This is the most important part of the application process. Because if any wrong entry is filled in this the application form the form can get rejected.
- So the students should preview and correct the wrong entry before submission of the form.
- Because there is no option to correct the data after the application form is submitted.
1. Can I upload photograph and signature of any size in the KVPY application form 2019?
Ans. No the photographs and signature should be uploaded only of the given size and format on the website. Any photo other than the given specifications will not be accepted in the application form.
2. Can I fill the KVPY application Form in offline mode?
Ans. No, you can’t apply for KVPY in offline mode. The complete application process is online and there is no provision for offline filling of application forms.
3. Through which modes can I pay the application fees?
Ans. The application fees can only be paid in online mode. To pay the fees you should have a debit card, credit card or a net banking account without this you can’t pay the application fees.
4. Can I correct my application form entries after the KVPY online registration form 2019 submission?
Ans. No you can’t make any changes in your application form after you have completed the application process and submitted the application form. One submitted no changes can be made. Therefore it is advised to verify your entries before submission.