KVPY 2019 Eligibility Criteria for Stream SA, SX & SB
KVPY Eligibility 2019 involves the least capability prerequisites, age criteria, and so on. KVPY for the most part known as Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national level fellowship or scholarship program. This program was begun by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India in the time of 1999. It is overseen by the Indian Institute of Science, Banglore. KVPY is directed to give association and possibility award to the pre-Ph.D. level for the chose understudies.
Here is the detailed information about Eligibility Criteria for KVPY 2019. You need to clearly qualify the criterions given below to qualify for giving the examination. We have included all the eligibility criteria is simple and readable format adhering to all the latest updates over the official KVPY website. KVPY is a national level exam conducted in across the country in 52 cities.
It is actively being conducted by IISc Bangalore, throughout the country In online (CBT) mode. It is made available for class 11th, 12th and 1st undergraduate Basic Science students in 3 different streams SA, SX and SB respectively.
They have prepared certain eligibility criteria for all the three streams, to screen out certain meritorious students who can apply for the examination and later avail the scholarship.
We have provided here all the important eligibility criterions as given in the official KVPY site http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/eligibility.htm in easily understandable point-wise and brief format for everyone to refer once before filling the form for KVPY 2019 exam.
There is one important criterion that every student should note down before applying is that the KVPY Fellowship are only given to Indian National students willing to study within India. Also, any student who is having his undergraduate under Distance Education Programme would not be eligible to apply.
There are certain other eligibility criterions which are stream specific like :
- It is meant for class 11th students who have taken science as their subject after 10th in the year of 2019-2020. They should have secured a minimum of 75%(for general category and 65% for SC/ST/PWD)score taking the aggregate of marks scored in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE (which include PHYSICS / CHEMISTRY / BIOLOGY) in their 10th boards.
- The selected students would only receive fellowship/scholarship only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Science after their 12th. The course may be any one of the following :
- Int. M.Sc.
- Int. M.S.
- They need to join this undergraduate programme within the year 2021-2022, after securing a minimum of 60%(for general and 50% for other categories like SC/ST/PWD) marks in their 12th boards taking the aggregate marks in Science Subjects.
- Also during the interim period of 1-year gap between 11th and 12th the students are invited to National Science Camp (Also known as Vijyoshi Camp). In this, they bear all the travel and boarding expenses.
- It is meant for class 12th students who have taken science as their subject after 10th in the year of 2019-2020. As the main aim of KVPY remains to lure students into pursuing a career in the fields of Science and Development, they would only provide the fellowship to the students who are Aspiring to take Pure science after class 12th.
- They can pursue any of the following branches taking Science(PHYSICS/ CHEMISTRY/ MATHS/ BIOLOGY) as their main subject :
- Int. M.Sc.
- Int. M.S.
- The students also need to have scored a minimum of 75% in 10th Boards and 60% in 12th boards(65% and 50% respectively for SC/ST/PWD students) taking the aggregate score of mars scored in Science subjects which includes (PHYSICS / CHEMSTRY / MATHEMATICS / BIOLOGY).
- 2nd year students from Cambridge International Examination Board and are interested to join a UG program from the above-mentioned streams can even apply for the scholarship programme. They also need to fulfill the above-mentioned criteria about their 10th and 12th board percentage.
- Students enrolled in the 1st year of the undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. during the academic year 2019–20 and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII Standard Board Examination are eligible to appear for the Aptitude test. In the 1st year final examination of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. they must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks before taking up the fellowship if awarded.
- This is specially made for the 1st year undergraduate students enrolled in the following streams in Basic science including subjects like (Physics/Chemistry/Maths/Biology):
- Int. M.Sc.
- Int. M.S.
- The students should have undertaken these streams in the year 2019-2020 after securing a minimum score of 60% (for general category and 50% for another category SC/ST/PWD) in their 12th boards taking the aggregate marks of Mathematics and science subjects.
- Also if the 1st-semester results are published then they must have scored/secured a minimum of 60%( for general category and 50% for another category SC/ST/PWD) in their semester results.