JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 – Online Registration
Aspiring to get admission in India’s topmost educational institutes is just a step away. Embrace your dream through JEE Advanced 2020 application form. The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) will be conducted under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) by the IITs. JEE Advanced is conducted for admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs in IITs across the country. Check out this article for more information about JEE advanced registration.
Why Apply to JEE Advanced?
If you are in the perception that JEE Mains, an entrance examination conducted prior to JEE advanced, would fetch your admission to IITs, you are only partially right. JEE Mains is conducted as an all India entrance examination for admission to NIT and few other self-financing colleges across the country. For admission to IITs, both JEE mains and JEE advanced are compulsory.
JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 – Things to know
JEE advanced 2020 is being conducted by IIT Delhi and will release the JEE advanced form in the first week of May 2020. Here are some important dates regarding JEE advanced application form 2020.
|JEE Main 2020 test||Session 1 – 06-01-2020 to 11-01-2020 |
Session 2 – 03-04-2020 to 09-04-2020
|Declaration of JEE Main 2020 Results||For Session 1 – 31-01-2020 |
For Session 2 – 30-04-2020
|JEE (Advanced) 2020 application||First week of May 2020|
|JEE advanced test||SUN, 17-05-2020|
Paper 1: 9 am – 12:00 pm
Paper 2: 2 30 pm – 5 30 pm
|Declaration of JEE Advanced 2020 Results||08-06-2020|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||12-06-2020|
|Declaration of AAT results||16-06-2020|
|Tentative Start of Seat Allocation Process||17-06-2020|
Eligibility Criteria for Applying to JEE Advanced
Before applying to JEE Advanced, check out the eligibility criteria to apply
- JEE Main: Candidates with scores within the top 250,000 aspirants of JEE Main
- Nationality: Students with Indian citizenship, both of Indian Origin and Overseas Citizenship, and Foreign nationals
- Age Limit: Recent reports suggest that there would be no age limit
- Number of attempts: A maximum attempt of two times in consecutive years
- 12th standard marks: An aggregate of 75% marks in the 12th standard for general category and 65% for SC/ST/Pwd categories is applicable
- Prior Admissions: If the candidate is enrolled in any educational institute other than IITs, the candidate is eligible to apply for JEE advanced
- Performance-based percentage for categories
|Category||Percentage||Total Number of candidates|
|General category||4%||1,15,120 Candidates|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%||34,600 Candidates|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%||17,800 Candidates|
|Non creamy OBC||27%||61,480 Candidates|
Applying to JEE Advanced
The application for JEE Advanced is online and will be made available on the official website (https://jeeadv.ac.in/index.php) from the first week of May 2020. Here are the steps to be followed while applying to JEE Advanced
Step 1: Registration
From the official website, after carefully going through the instructions, candidates can register for JEE Advanced. The username and password credentials to apply to JEE Advanced are the same as that one used for applying to JEE mains. Cross-check the personal, academic and contact details shown on the portal once again to be careful.
The new details to be entered in this step are preferred language of JEE Advanced Test, 5 preferred choices of exam centers, and the number of attempts of JEE Advanced if any.
The candidate would also be creating a new password for future communications. Keep handy the answer to the security question and registered mobile number for OTP purposes while changing the password.
Step 2: Document Upload
- The list of proof documents to be uploaded are as follows
- Birth certificate or 10th Standard mark sheet as a proof for date of birth
- 12th Standard board examination’s mark sheet
- Category Certificate if applicable
- Annual Income certificate for non-creamy layer category
- PwD certificates for applicants of the respective category
- For any detailed change, a gazette signature attesting the same
- Scribe letter if applicable
Documents to be Uploaded by Foreign Candidates
|1||Photograph||Required for all candidates||4 KB to 40 KB||JPG|
|2||Signature||Required for all candidates||1 KB to 30 KB||JPG|
|3||Class X or Birth Certificate||Required for all candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|4||Class XII (or equivalent) Certificate||Required for those candidates who have passed their board exams.||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|5||Identity Proof of the Candidates||Required for all candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|6||Passport of Mother||Required for all candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|7||Passport of Father||Required for all candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|8||Testimonial as applicable||Required for all candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
For Foreign candidates, the following are to be submitted while applying to JEE Advanced
Recent photograph with signature
- Birth certificate or 10th standard mark sheet as proof for date of birth
- 12th standard mark sheet
- Corresponding country’s identity proof
- Parent’s passport
- Testimonial as applicable
All of the above-mentioned certificates are to be in a specific format given on the official website. The size of these documents is to be within 50 KB to 300 KB.
Step 3: Payment
To complete the registration process for applying to JEE Advanced 2020, candidates will have to complete the payment at this step. The details on how to pay and payment details are given below
The Payment can be either done by online through net banking or credit/debit cards or by offline more through e-challan.
Online Payment for JEE application
Clicking the “Pay registration fee” option will lead to the Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page in which the candidates will have to choose the mode of payment- net banking or credit/debit cards. Upon successful payment, a unique registration number will be generated which needs to be stored for future references You can even choose out for the safest way of paying for the fees that you want, depending on what you want to try out and how you can scope for the said.
Exam fee for the JEE Candidates
Nationals of India (Including PIO/ OCIs)
SC, ST, PwD candidates
For Exam Centres Outside India (SAARC Countries)
For all the Candidates
For Exam Centres Outside India (Non-SAARC Countries)
For all the Candidates
Offline Payment for JEE Application
Candidates can pay the registration fee at any State Bank of India branches by cash or an e-challan. After the payment, the candidates will be given a unique registration number that has to be submitted in the portal. Keep the registration number safe for any future references.
For Foreign candidates
Candidates overseas will have to pay the registration fee for applying to JEE advanced through online mode. Foreign banks outside India will only have to be used for payment purposes.
Step 4: Confirmation
Upon successful payment, the candidates would land up on the confirmation page. Cross-check all the above-filled details to click the confirmation option. Also, save a copy of the formation page to be on the safer side. Only upon confirmation, candidates can download the admit card.
The admit card can be tentatively downloaded in the second week of May 2020. Failing to produce the admit card at the examination center will lead to disqualification.
Important Dates Regarding JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form (Tentative)
|JEE Mains Results||The third week of April 2020|
|Commencement of JEE Advanced 2020 application||First week of May 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 application form last date||Second Week of May 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 exam||May 17, 2020|
- Don’t wait till the last date to fill in the JEE advanced application form so as to be able to change any details
- Once the candidate confirms the details, there are no provisions to change the details provided
- Have a valid mobile number for registration procedure since any communication to be made will be only through the registered mobile number.
- If the candidate has already accepted a seat in IITs, him/her will not be eligible for JEE Advanced application
- Other than IITs, if the candidate is enrolled in any educational institute, he/she is eligible to apply to JEE Advanced
- The JEE application form which is produced in by the group will help you to undermine the whole exam and appear for the said. Especially if you want to have a good ranking scope into the cut off exams which are set by JEE.
Can I Change my category if it goes wrong during application?
No you cannot change it.
I took an admission in NIIT, will I be eligible for JEE?
Yes, as long as all the terms are met, you can take part.
Admission to all of the IITs will depend on the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced scores and rank in addition to the candidate’s performance in the 12th standard board examination. Hence an all-round performance eases the admission procedure. Leave no stone unturned in the preparation for admission through the cutthroat competition.