BITSAT Exam Dates 2020 – Check Important Dates and Eligibility
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) conducts its admissions every year during May-July. The Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is the gateway to the fees. This article highlights important aspects of the BITSAT 2020 dates.
Why Choose BITS?
The institute is one of the recipients of the famous Institute of Eminence award. It is also India’s leading private educational institute. Did you know that it ranks in 6th position after the 5 Indian Institute of Technologies (IITs) in the list of first engineering colleges? Among the pharmacy teaching institutes, BITS stands at 5th position.
You Chose BITS. What Next?
BITS conducts BITSAT for admissions to its three campuses: Pilani, Hyderabad, Goa. With its increasing glorious achievements every year, the number of applicants keeps increasing manifold. Around 3 lakh aspirants appear for BITSAT for admissions to Under Graduate (UG)- Bachelor in Engineering (B.E.) and Bachelor in Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) courses every year. With the limited number of seats, many aspirants toil through days to crack this exam.
Don’t worry. This article gets you covered. Scroll through for information regarding important BITSAT exam 2020 dates and preparation tips.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility
Before you look at some essential BITSAT exam dates, here are the eligibility criteria to take the exam. Make sure you are eligible for admissions before registering for BITSAT 2020.
- Candidates must have cleared 12th standard exams from boards that are government-approved
- Candidates are expected to have taken exams in the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (for B.E. admissions) and Biology (for B.Pharm. admissions)
- Adequate proficiency in English is expected
- Candidates who are currently in the 12th standard are eligible to take the test
- Candidates who have completed 12th standard the previous year are also allowed to write the exam
- 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics is expected
- A compulsory 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology is mandatory
BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates
It is of added and utmost importance to be aware of the critical timelines of the BITSAT exam 2020. The BITSAT 2020 dates can be chosen on particular days between the 2nd to 4th week of May 2020. The candidate can book the date and time based on his/her preference. The examination can be taken at any of 47 test centers located in India. However, the aspirants are expected to register online to take the test. Here are some critical BITSAT 2020 exam dates.
BITSAT Important Dates (Tentative)
|The information brochure will be uploaded by BITS||December 2019|
|Online registrations for writing BITSAT 2020||December 2019|
|The last date for applying to the exam||2nd week of March 2020|
|Last year for making corrections in the application||2nd week of March 2020|
|Test center allocation||1st week of April 2020|
|Date and time slot booking for BITSAT exam||1st – 2nd weeks of April|
|Issue of Admit Card||2nd week of April – 1st week of May 2020|
|BITSAT exam date 2020||15th May – 30th May 2020|
|Applying to BITS 2020||15th May – 20th June 2020|
|First, admit and waitlist announcement||3rd week of June 2020|
|Fee payment last date for first-round admits||Last week of June 2020|
|Second, accept and waitlist announcement||1st week of July 2020|
|Fee payment last year for second round admits||2nd week of July 2020|
|Third, accept and waitlist announcement||2nd week of July 2020|
|Last year for withdrawal of admission||3rd week of July 2020|
|Fee payment last year for third-round admits||3rd week of July 2020|
|Fourth accept and waitlist announcement||4th week of July 2020|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of August 2020|
Highlights of BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates
- BITSAT Exam Dates 2020 can be chosen any day within the announced period based on the candidate’s preference
- Choose three preferable locations for taking the test from BITSAT 2020 date
- Only after allotment of the test center, candidates can choose the date and time for taking BITSAT exam
- There will be four rounds of admission counseling procedure for enrolling in the UG courses
- Keep checking BITS official website for BITSAT 2020 date
Did you know BITSAT is more competitive?
The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) for admission to IITs and NITs have been the most popular exam among engineering aspirants. Although BITSAT has not gotten a chance to rule the roost, it has been equally competitive. You would be wondering why? Here are the reasons for it to be competitive than JEE
- BITSAT consists of 150 questions to be solved within 3 hours while JEE has 90 problems with same time frame
- Students with English proficiency have a better chance to crack BITSAT
- The BITSAT cut-off scores are the highest in engineering admissions
- Three lakhs people compete for 2000 seats through BITSAT while 10 lakh people compete for 10,000 seats approximately
- Although the syllabus for BITSAT and JEE remain the same, the questions are difficult in BITSAT
- Given the repositories required for tests being conducted every day during a period
Are you ready for BITSAT 2020 yet?
Did you know if you are just one month away from the BITSAT 2020, you still can crack it? Here are some useful tips to be successful in your admissions
- Be aware of the question paper pattern
- Master the easy targets like language and reasoning
- Practice previous year papers and online mock tests
- Plan your strategy given the fact that the exam has negative markings upon wrong answers
- Remember and recollect essential formulae and equations
- Make short notes of important concepts to revise at the end
You can also practice some of the best set of questions by taking test series by Mathongo.
BITSAT certainly is one of the most competitive entrance examinations. Don’t get derailed by losing track of essential timelines of BITSAT 2020 dates. Keep in mind the BITSAT 2020 exam dates and be aware of the schedule.
Don’t just wish for it. Do keep working for it. There is no substitute for hard work!